In the beginning there was grad school. That ended in 2010. Now what do I blog about?

NEW BLOG - ACADEMIC AMPLITUDE

October 14, 2009

oh my god oh my god oh my god, my head is going to explode.

i
am
so
over
whelmed.

Right now i just have too many things going on. It is crazy time.

1) work is nuts. good, but nuts. i think i could keep it all under control but there is this one little thing nagging at me. see, a few months ago i put a shout-out to the powers that be about starting some sort of social media initiative. i was just looking for the thumbs-up to go ahead and start playing to see what happens. but instead of a green light i get a bunch of random emails and phone calls and end up setting up a meeting. a meeting! it was an OK meeting but it seems like the powers that be had other conversations about the topic without me and i had no idea what they were talking about. so at the second meeting i went in there thinking it was out of my hands, it was going to be a bureaucratic nightmare...and it was. but by the end of the meeting we had drafted 6 'sessions' to 'introduce social media' to the campus community. great. BUT then, a week later, they are saying no, that's not what the plan is. so now I'm all confused and a little pissed off because i didn't want meetings and 'introductory sessions' to begin with. ugh. all i wanted was a green light to set up a coffee & cookie thing with whoever wanted to talk about social media for campus stuff. they turned it into a formal 'training/staff development' series and then turn around and say no to their own concept. ugh! double ugh!

2) school is crazy. i have one class with a really nice professor but the Blackboard section is a nightmare. i have no idea what i am supposed to be learning. i just looked at our final project assignment and it looks like something i did last AY so....uh, yeah. I do have a good prof for my grad project mentor. had a good meeting with him last month. working on a project draft now...med school is tough. i don't have a dedicated audience to 'play' with. it is leading me to think maybe traditional edu would be better for me. without a med degree i will never have a course with classes of students who i can try out my ideas on. humph. finally, my gradate assistantship project..ugh...overload!!!! doable, but OVERLOAD!!!

3) home. my hub is still out of work. his toe injury is healing and he is up & around more now. put him to work scraping and painting window frames and door cases outside. he's getting the outside areas - shed, tractor, equipment - ready for winter. i hope the plow truck makes it thru the season...cannot afford to replace that this year.

graduating in May 2010. i see the light at the end of the tunnel. omg i cannot wait to be done school!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: